Sunday, March 6, 2011

Put him on the Shelf

Though he denies it, I have a trophy husband.

But I have proof:

Example A
There are some differences between us, most noticeably our looks. He's 6'5", I'm 5'1". He has "abz." I do not. Super toned, adorable face, pretty eyes. Quiet, confident and controlled. Pretty much everything I'm not. Especially the quiet part.

I'm loud, obnoxious, demanding and pushy. I'm not one to step down, ever, from a fight. A few people at my CF have started calling me The Pitbull. Which, of course, is horribly embarrassing. I've always wanted to be The Swan. Or The Butterfly. The Pitbull? Seriously?

Part of me is proud to have landed a super hot guy out of my league, and part of me is hyper conscious of our differences and what people must think when they look at us.

Our entire 11 year relationship has been pretty amazing. We've never had any big issues and have never broken up. But every once in a while Jealously rears it's ugly head, and I feel horribly inadequate.

I mean, it's really not even fair.
Of course, he thinks this whole thing is crazy (not to mention embarrassing. Whatever, I've got to level the playing field somehow.). He thinks we are equals, in the same league, blah blah blah. I'm not blind. But I guess it's better than him thinking he's better than me.

In some ways I guess it's a compliment to me. Women constantly flirt with him. CON.STANT.LY. Literally right in front of me. For the most part I just sit back and let it happen because I know he loves me. But it's still annoying sometimes to be the chubby girl who landed the super cute husband.

But I've decided that there must be SOMETHING about me that he finds attractive. Maybe he likes pitbulls? Whatever it is, I'm going to embrace it. I'm tired of apologizing for having an awesome husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment